Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New bookmarks

I forgot to post these last night.. I made some scrappy bookmarks up. One is for a sewn bookmark swap I entered .....As I was at it I made myself one = ) and one for a person that was just lucky to trade a book with me .. Have you used www.PaperBackSwap.com? If you like to read and not pay the outrageous prices for books today then you swap your used books with others.. You earn one credit for each book you send to someone that requests that book, then you use those credits to "buy" books you want! All you got invested in it is postage which is about 2.50$ depending how big your book is. They have hardback as well and Audio . 
So I usually like to make a handmade bookmark, either printed or sewn and send with my books..
I kept the middle one for myself , I used some scraps from fabric I either won or ordered on line.Or carefully snipped a corner off some of it that I am going to hate to cut into!! Waiting on the perfect project!!! I like how I used different stitching in the third one.sorry can't see it that well here. Put some use to some of the stitching I never use. They were easy to put together so I'll probably be making a lot more for gifts to have handy.. Thanks for looking! = )

2 comments:

  1. Oh Suzee!!! Those are adorable!!! Isn't it fun to try out all the other stitches on the machine for once?!? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sweetie! Imagine getting a book from you and finding one of those book marks inside! It would make your day!! They're mini works of art!

    ReplyDelete

Come on.. don't be shy.. leave a comment.. love to hear from you!